- "There was a time when seeing a kinrath was a rare thing. They mostly were around some caves to the south of here. But now... they're everywhere."
The average Kinrath was of a light yellow-brownish color, but other varieties had different markings and came in colors as diverse as orange and green. A variety of kinrath could be found throughout the forests, including the viper kinrath, which carried a deadly poison and was tougher than standard kinrath. Another was the hive kinrath, which lived in the subsurface of Dantooine. From the moment they hatched Kinrath matured very quickly, with new hatchlings being seen as almost the same size a fully matured adult. Kinrath seemed to be hive creatures, and a single female kinrath matriarch was the leader of a hive of kinrath.
Kinrath had four legs and a leg-like, poisonous appendage coming out of their faces that they used to attack prey or other perceived enemies. All kinrath were blind but could sense heat which allowed them to navigate their way around and identify potential threats. They identified members of their own hive using a specialized sweat gland in the abdomen which excreted a specific scent. If an adventurer could remove this gland intact from a Kinrath corpse and carry it about their person, many Kinrath would not perceive them as a threat, ensuring reduced hostility.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kinrath were set to appear in an unfinished episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but the show was cancelled before the episode could be completed. A clip from the episode featuring the kinrath was shown at Celebration Anaheim in 2015.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia