Lakes and rivers (Temporarily, after rainfall)
|Points of interest|
Participatory tribal democracy
Kirdo III was located within a star system in the Tamarin sector of the Outer Rim Territories region of the galaxy, situated on the Sanrafsix Corridor between Sevarcos and Ma'ar Shaddam. Its surface consisted of barren, sandy desert, oceans of red, cracked mud, and escarpments of yellow-orange hills, with quicksand and caves also present. It had an arid climate and winds often blew at speeds of 400-kilometers-per-hour or more. Rainfall occurred once a decade, and when it came it lasted several days, forming lakes and filling dry riverbeds. Herds of migrating chooba grazed on sulfaro plants and were hunted by the Kitonaks, a primitive sentient species native to the planet.
Kirdo III was discovered by scouts a few decades before the rise of the Galactic Empire. A number of slave traders targeted the Kitonaks. The Eye of Palpatine stopped at the planet and, failing to find the stormtroopers it was looking for, took onboard a number of Kitonaks whom it tried (with little success) to brainwash into being Imperials.
Callista Ming at some point in her travels stopped at Kirdo III.
Behind the scenesEdit
In A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, it is referred to as Kirdo.
- Tales from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Children of the Jedi
- Murder in Slushtime (Mentioned only)
- Traitor (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- "A Free-Trader's Guide to the Planets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Kirdo III Operative)
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 34
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Essential Atlas, p. 32
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Ultimate Alien Anthology, p. 88
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, First Edition, pp. 61-62
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 The Essential Guide to Alien Species, pp. 69-70
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 17