|Points of interest|
It was a desert world, much worse than Tatooine, with yellow-orange hills, white sand, and red plains of dried mud. 400-kilometer-per-hour winds regularly blew across the white sand plains of the planet, causing sandstorms. Rainfall was extremely scarce, happening about once a decade, but once it did rain, it could last several days, filling dry lake and riverbeds.
The primary fauna on Kirdo III was the chooba, that grazed on the local sulfaro plant. The Kitonaks would mimic the plants to eat the chooba. There were many caves and quicksand pits on Kirdo III, the two things that the Kitonaks feared.
Kirdo III was frequently raided for slaves. The Eye of Palpatine stopped at the planet and, failing to find the stormtroopers it was looking for, took onboard a number of Kitonaks whom it tried (with little success) to brainwash into being Imperials.
Callista Ming at some point in her travels stopped at Kirdo III.
Behind the scenesEdit
In A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, it is referred to as Kirdo.
- Tales from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Children of the Jedi
- Murder in Slushtime (Mentioned only)
- Traitor (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- "A Free-Trader's Guide to the Planets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Kirdo III Operative)
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 34