Kirtarkin was a planet located in the Anoat sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. The Galactic Empire had several depots on Kirtarkin that contained large recycling centers, though they were too late to save the world's polluted environment.
During the Iron Blockade, which was established by the Empire in an attempt to prevent news of their crushing defeat by the Alliance to Restore the Republic at the Battle of Endor from reaching the Anoat sector's populace, the Smuggler sent members of their crew on missions to Kirtarkin to complete various tasks, including searching through the Imperials' recycling for loot, liberating an informant from Imperial custody at the request of their associates before they could be interrogated, and finding a thief who stole Morodin-fertilized aleudrupe berries from Trade Spine League holdings on Kirtarkin.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kirtarkin was originally created for the Star Wars Legends web article "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin," which was written by Jason Fry, Daniel Wallace and Craig Robert Carey for Wizards of the Coast and released in 2004. It became canon when it was mentioned in the action role-playing game Star Wars: Uprising, which was developed by Kabam for iOS and Android platforms and released on September 10, 2015.
- Star Wars: Uprising (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The game Star Wars: Uprising allows the player to send members of their crew from within the Anoat sector to Kirtarkin during a point in the story where no ships can leave the sector due to the Iron Blockade. As such, Kirtarkin must be located within the Anoat sector for the crew members to reach it.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Imperial Recycling on Kirtarkin"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Detained Without Question"
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Petty Theft"
- ↑ "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin"