26 standard hours
286 local days
|Points of interest|
Geography and historyEdit
The planet was taken over by the Hutts under the Treaty of Vontor in 25,100 BBY. Klatooine was ruled by the Council of Elders. The Hutts, however, controlled all Klatooinian activities offworld. The pak'pah fruit was found nowhere else in the galaxy, possibly because of wintrium in the soil.
It was home to the Derelkoos Desert, the location of a fissure that spurted a fountain of liquid wintrium. No technology was allowed one kilometer around this Fountain of Ancients, which the Klatooinians revered as a holy site.
Most buildings were built over wells to prevent shortage of water on the planet.
In 44 ABY, the Treaty of Vontor was revoked, and a slave revolt broke out on the world. However, a team of Galactic Alliance negotiators led by Leia Organa Solo helped the rebels organize themselves and gain Klatooine admission into the Alliance.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name of the planet is most likely a reference to Klaatu Barada Nikto from the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Rebel Force: Renegade (Mentioned only)
- Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef (Mentioned only)
- The Great God Quay: The Tale of Barada and the Weequays (Mentioned only)
- Vortex (Mentioned only)
- Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
- "Getaway"—Star Wars Insider 134 (Mentioned only)
- Wanted by Cracken
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook