The kloo horn was a double-reeded wind instrument, larger than a Slitherhorn and a Fizzz (roughly 1.5 meters tall), and one of the most commonly used instruments in the galaxy. It was considered a primary instrument for musicians specializing in the field of Jizz or Jatz. The mouthpiece of a kloo horn extended into a handheld "S" shaped body where players could use their hands to make adjustments for tone and pitch. The average kloo horn weighed approximately 1.2 kilograms. By the pricing standards used late in the Galactic Civil War, a well-kept kloo horn could be purchased for roughly 2,000 New Republic credits.
Notable kloo horn players included:
- Figrin D'an of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes
- "Smooth" Banjaxx Wab of "Smooth" Banjaxx Wab and the Scundereds
- Umjing Baab of Umjing Baab and His Swinging Trio
- Lirin Car'n and Figrin D'an of the Modal Nodes
- Greeata Jendowanian of the Max Rebo Band
- Queen Leonie of Zeltros
- Jimke Weet, father of the ill-fated scout Salak Weet
- In 29 BBY, the Tailfin Cantina of Lamaredd had an interpreter of kloo horn providing entertainment.
Rebel Alliance intelligence chief Airen Cracken once escaped Imperial detention by claiming to be a Kloo horn player.
- "Skippy the Jedi Droid"—Star Wars Tales 1
- Star Wars Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back
- "The Revenge of Tag & Bink"—Star Wars Tales 12