Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Klytonians were a sentient species who had the ability to communicate with one another at a distance using natural electric fields generated by the thick scales that covered their bodies. Their home system was the Klytonia system, which was located in the Outer Rim Bheriz sector. The system came within territory controlled by the Hutts during the Clone Wars, and, by 137 ABY, it fell within the Hutt dependencies. Klytonians were present in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on the planet Tatooine in 0 BBY when the Humans Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi sought passage offworld.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Society and cultureEdit
Members of the species were able to communicate with one another over fairly long distances by creating vibrations in their scales' electric fields.
The Klytonians hailed from the Klytonia system, a star system that became integrated into the galaxy as part of the Bheriz sector, in the Outer Rim reaches of the region known as the Slice, at some point between 1000 and 25 BBY. During the Clone Wars, the Klytonian's system was within territory controlled by the Hutts as part of Hutt Space; however, that influence had retracted by 14 BBY. By c. 25 ABY, their home system fell within a region of the Outer Rim Territories that was only sparsely populated. In 137 ABY, their region had fallen within an area known as the Hutt dependencies.
Klytonians in the galaxyEdit
In 0 BBY, at least two Klytonians were present at the Mos Eisley Cantina on the planet Tatooine when the Humans Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi entered looking for passage to the planet Alderaan. Despite the din in the establishment, the Klytonians used their electrical fields to talk to each other across the crowded bar.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Klytonians are mentioned in Cantina Communications, an article written by John Chesterman and originally published in Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 16 in January 1979. The Essential Atlas, a book published by Del Rey in 2009, lists the Klytonia system and thus provides context on the history of the species' home system.
- Cantina Communications (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Cantina Communications
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by jasonfry on 12/11/07 7:59am; accessed February 10, 2013). Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. The Klytonia system appears to be one such case.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 36
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 120
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 150
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 161
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 17
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 227
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 234