|Chronological and political information|
- "You two stay here in case they get past us. They must not escape."
- ―Kenobi gives orders Solok and Grohto
Ko Solok was a male Gran Jedi Master who served the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. In around the year 20 BBY, Solok was selected as part of a task force to hunt down the Sith brothers Darth Maul and Savage Opress. The team tracked them to the planet of Pleem's Nexus, where they fought the duo bu failed to capture them, losing Master Grohto in the process. Solok then accompanied Masters Bruu Jun-Fan and Plo Koon to Pleem's Nexus where they fought the Sith again. Solok and Jun-Fan were both killed by Maul in the fight, who then escaped with Opress.
- "Master Grohto, you and Master Solok supervise a search of the rest of the settlement."
- ―Master Koon gives orders to Grohto and Solok
A Force-sensitive Gran, Ko Solok was trained in the ways of the Force by the Jedi Order during the final decades of the Galactic Republic. By around 20 BBY, during the Clone Wars between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Solok had constructed a green-bladed lightsaber and obtained the rank of Jedi Master, also serving as a Jedi General in the Grand Army of the Republic during the conflict. When, during the conflict, the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Maul resurfaced, Solok was selected by Master Plo Koon to be part of a task force to hunt down Maul and his brother Savage Opress. The team first traveled to the planet of Yellowblade's Landing based on data from several informants, and there found the aftermath of the Sith's visit; a cantina full of corpses. The bodies belonged to members of the Scourge criminal organisation, and after sighting them Koon ordered that Solok, along with his fellow Master and team member Grohto, organise a search of the surrounding settlement. The team then made their way to a cave which housed the local Scourge base, where they suspected Maul was hiding based on Master Bruu Jun-Fan's psychometric analysis of a blaster from the massacre cantina.
Once at the base, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi order that Solok, Grohto and Jun-Fan's padawan Tatsu remain in a chamber near the entrance to prevent the Sith brothers escaping. The trio waited there while the others headed deeper into the base, and the three were soon attacked by Maul, who lept through a window and Force kicked Solok as the Sith entered the chamber. The Sith then killed Grohto and injured Tatsu and Kenobi, before they escaped with a hostage they had found incarcerated in the base. Koon and Jun-Fan then analysed a piece of jewelry dropped by the brothers' hostage and discovered their destination was the planet Pleem's Nexus where the hostage lived. Leaving their injured behind, Solok, Jun-Fan and Koon then flew to Pleem's Nexus. There they found Maul and Opress trying to load a large haul of gold onto their vessel, and engaged the pair in combat. During the ensuing fight, Solok was killed when Maul threw his lightsaber through the Jedi's chest. Jun-Fan was also killed and Koon incapacitated, allowing the brothers to escape the planet.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "No! Ko Solok!"
- ―Bruu Jun-Fan cries out as Solok is killed
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters establishes that the events of the story take place between Seasons Four and Five of the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, with Season Five's events taking place around the time of the comic Star Wars: Darth Maul—Death Sentence 1, which is dated to around 20 BBY.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters