Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Well done, Captain. You lack the stamina of a Kobarian swamp dog…but I'm certain you can match its unquestioning obedience."
- ―Darth Vader compares Imperial Captain Wermis to a Kobarian swamp dog
Kobarian swamp dogs, sometimes known simply as swamp dogs, were a non-sentient species of domestic canine originating from the planet Kobaria. Two of these creatures, Higgs and Twiggs, were meant to be wedding presents for the Wroonian Pelf Pachoola and her fiancé around the year 22 BBY.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Kobarian swamp dogs were a species of canine from the planet Kobaria, and one of the genders the swamp dogs existed in was male. Members of the species had long heads with green fur and purple tongues. The Kobarian swamp dog also had a tail, and its anatomy possessed ribs and haunches. The stomach-acid of the beasts was particularly noxious.
Classified as non-sentient, Kobarian swamp dogs could be domesticated and were known for their unquestioning obedience as well as their stamina. Higgs and Twiggs, a pair of swamp dogs intended as a wedding present for the Wroonian female Pelf Pachoola, sometimes licked their caretakers and nearby people with their long tongues, and howled while their caretakers were distressed. Higgs and Twiggs also had large appetites and ate treats given to them by their caretakers.
Kobarian swamp dogs in the galaxyEdit
- "Daddy loves his Kobarian swamp dogs almost as much as he loves me."
- ―Pelf Pachoola
Kobarian swamp dogs were sometimes used as show dogs, and around 22 BBY, a pair of swamp dogs named Higgs and Twiggs accompanied Pelf Pachoola on the luxury liner Salin Mariner. The dogs were a valuable wedding present for Pachoola and her fiancé from Pachoola's father, who was also on the Salin Mariner. During the liner's voyage, pirate Hondo Ohnaka succeeded in kidnapping the two Pachoolas as well as the dogs and one other guest on the ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
Kobarian swamp dogs were first mentioned in the comic book Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator, written by Archie Goodwin and published by Marvel Comics in April 1979. Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score, a short story published in Star Wars Insider 144 in 2013 and written by Jason Fry, serves as the first appearance of the swamp dogs.
- "Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score"—Star Wars Insider 144 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 "Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score"—Star Wars Insider 144
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator
- ↑ The pirate Turk Falso's death date has been confirmed as 22 BBY, according to The Essential Reader's Companion. Since Falso helps Hondo Ohnaka in the kidnapping in the short story Hondo Ohnaka's Not-So-Big Score, the event must take place in or before 22 BBY.
- ↑ The events of Marvel Star Wars comic issues 7–35 occur concurrently with the Blockade of Yavin, which begins following the Battle of Yavin. The blockade lasts six months, or until 0.5 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology, meaning the events of Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator must occur between 0 ABY and 0.5 ABY.