- "To the seventh dungeon with the conquerer-fool. There he shall subjugate rotworms, while his gearwork soldiers stand in glorious tribute to High Exaltedness Kossak."
- ―Kossak Inijic Ar'durv, speaking of Xim
General Kossak Inijic Ar'durv, commonly known as Kossak the Hutt or High Exaltedness Kossak, was a famous Hutt known for defeating Xim the Despot at the climax of the Hutt–Xim conflict in 25,100 BBY, earning the sobriquet Devourer of Despots.
Over twenty-five thousand years before the Battle of Yavin, Kossak was the one Hutt leader to put aside internal squabbles and take action against the threat of Xim's burgeoning empire. Proclaiming himself as the commander of the Hutt clans, Kossak united his divided species and declared war on Xim.
Using Xim's own underhand tactics against him, Kossak effectively fought the Despot for several years, scoring a major victory at the First Battle of Vontor. After suffering huge losses in a subsequent clash at Vontor, Kossak enlisted the service of the Vodran, Nikto, and Weequay species and triumphed over Xim in a final confrontation on the same world. Xim was captured and sent to Kossak's dungeons on Varl. Revered by his progeniture and called the greatest Hutt in history, Kossak was a source of great pride and inspiration among Hutts, and his name was used as an oath, with Zorba Desilijic Tiure claiming to be a descendant.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- Zorba the Hutt's Revenge (First mentioned)
- Queen of the Empire (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Essential Atlas
- (First identified as Kossak Inijic Ar'durv)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare