28 BBY, Nar Shaddaa
|Chronological and political information|
- "You will die at my hands, Krayn"
- ―Anakin confronting Krayn
The Jedi Knight Siri Tachi once infiltrated Krayn's organization. It was discovered that Hala, the mother of Anakin Skywalker's friend, Amee, was taken from her on one of his slave raids back on Tatooine. During a diplomatic mission in 28 BBY, Obi-Wan Kenobi's and Skywalker's transport was intercepted by Krayn, and the two Jedi boarded the ship in a small utility vessel and crippled its weapon systems. As they were approached by Krayn's slaves/guards, Skywalker entered an argument with Kenobi whether to leave the slaves or help them. As they were discovered Skywalker ended up as Tachi's prisoner but Kenobi managed to escape. Together Skywalker and Tachi managed to start a rebellion among Krayn's slaves, and they later met up with Kenobi, who had infiltrated Krayn's facility, hoping to save his young apprentice. In the end, Skywalker defeated Krayn in combat. Ignoring Kenobi's command to spare Krayn's life, Skywalker stabbed the T'surr through the chest with his lightsaber.
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth (First appearance)
- Jedi Quest comic
- Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 55 (KRA1-4, Krayn)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 132 (COL3-4, Colicoids)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 111
- The Essential Reader's Companion