- "If Kreuge had only swept farther with the right wing at Salvara instead of turning when he did, the whole history of the Clone Wars would be different!"
- ―An armchair historian
Kreuge was a male admiral serving the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. He commanded a fleet, and was ordered to attack the planet Salvara. However, Separatist agents working within the Republic uploaded a computer virus to the Gibbon, a prototype Tector-class Star Destroyer at Handooine. The virus self-replicated and had spread to the starships in Kreuge's task force during the battle. At a certain range, as Kreuge turned his fleet's right wing instead of sweeping out further, the virus caused all the deflector shields on the ship's throughout the fleet to drop. A potential victory for the Republic was turned into a defeat, but Kreuge survived. Shortly after the Battle of Christophsis, Kreuge commanded the Republic forces responsible for capturing Kerkoidia. Kerkoidia was still considered to be a Republic holding despite siding with the Separatists, and the planet's grand dukes swiftly proclaimed their fealty to the Republic.
Years later, during the Galactic Civil War, historians would debate Kreuge's tactics at Salvara, and consider that had he continued sweeping to the right with his formation, rather than turning in, the outcome of the Clone Wars would have been very different.
Behind the scenesEdit
A nod to Admiral Kreuge appears in the canon novel The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure, written by Jason Fry and released on September 4, 2015, in the form of the starship Kreuge's Revenge.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide: Season 1
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game—Armchair Historian template
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide: Season 1
- ↑ screenshot) . “@LelalMekha Yep, that's it.” (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars: The Weapon Of A Jedi A Luke Skywalker Adventure. Hachette Book Group. Retrieved on February 27, 2015.