- "Krix and Smug should be back by now."
Krix was a Trandoshan male hunter and pilot during the Clone Wars. He was a member of a Trandoshan guild that captured sentient beings for the purpose of hunting and killing them on a game reserve on the moon of Wasskah. In 20 BBY, Krix partook in a series of hunts that were to serve as the first of guild boss Garnac's son, Dar. Krix witnessed Dar's initiation ceremony, but the young hunter was killed the following day by Ahsoka Tano, one of the Trandoshans' prisoners.
A few days into the hunt, Tano and two other survivors destroyed the guild's freighter. The hunter Smug went to investigate, and Krix eventually flew a hover pod to the downed ship to pick up Smug. However, Smug's request for a pickup was a trap orchestrated by Tano's group, and Krix was soon incapacitated by the recently freed Wookiee captive Chewbacca, who, along with Tano's companions, stole the hover pod. After an ensuing skirmish between Tano's group and the Trandoshans dissolved Garnac's guild, Krix moved on to the planet Nal Hutta.
A most dangerous gameEdit
- "We have found new prey for the hunt. The youngling will provide great sport."
- ―Lo-Taren announces his successful capture of Ahsoka Tano
Krix was a Trandoshan male big game hunter and pilot who was a member of a hunting guild led by fellow Trandoshan Garnac. The guild captured live sentient beings and dropped them off on the moon of Wasskah, where they were hunted for sport.
In the year 20 BBY, Krix co-piloted the guild's HCT-2001 Dragonboat-class Reugeot 905 freighter to the planet Felucia, which had become the site of a battle between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists as a part of the ongoing Clone Wars. Accompanied by Garnac; Garnac's son, Dar; the hunter Lo-Taren; and Lagon, the ship's pilot, Krix and the other Trandoshans had captured a slew of prisoners by the time they reached Felucia. These captured beings included the Snivvian Katt Mol, the Terrelian Jango Jumper Lika, the Selkath Morgo, and the Sakiyan Vadoo. Krix and Lagon landed the ship in a Felucian jungle, and Lo-Taren disembarked alone to find potential prey. When the Trandoshan returned, he had in tow the Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, who had been fighting in the battle against the Separatists.
In the presence of the Reugot freighter's pilots, Garnac expressed excitement over the capture, believing that Tano would prove to be a challenging hunt for Dar's upcoming first outing. The Trandoshans left Felucia for Wasskah shortly after, and, under Garnac's orders, Lagon piloted the ship to Wasskah's Island Four, where the prey was released. Lo-Taren manned one of the freighter's laser cannons and promptly killed two of the prisoners on the island's beach, forcing the survivors to run and find cover.
Hunt on WasskahEdit
- "Get in. Let's go."
- ―Krix, while picking up Smug
The next day, Krix was present for Garnac's endorsement of the new hunt and, along with the other Trandoshans, took up arms and rode a MSP80 Pteropter hover pod to the island to begin hunting down the previously captured prey. Following the first day of hunting, Krix was present on Garnac's floating fortress for Dar's initiation ceremony, before the young hunter's first expedition was to begin the following day. Along with the other Trandoshans, Krix cheered on Dar as the young Trandoshan celebrated the coming event. However, Dar was killed by the captive Tano, bringing his first hunt to a swift end.
A few days later, Tano, along with two other Jedi captives, downed the Trandoshans' Dragonboat-class freighter on Island Four's beach, freeing the sole Wookiee prisoner, Chewbacca. Krix investigated the crash in the daytime and helped fellow Trandoshan Ratter pull out from the wreckage the body of pilot Clutch. That night, the hunter Smug went to the crash site to hunt the Jedi.
The next morning, Krix flew a hover pod to Island Four to pick up Smug per the hunter's request. Little did Krix know, the Jedi had used a Force mind trick on Smug, as they wished to steal the hover pod in order to directly attack Garnac's fortress. Krix found Smug waiting, but upon landing, Krix was attacked by Tano and thrown from the pod. The Trandoshan was about to go on the offensive but was confronted by Chewbacca and knocked out with a single punch.
Chewbacca and the Jedi took the hover pod to Garnac's fortress and, with the help of Wookiee reinforcements who had also arrived on the moon, killed the remaining guild members, leaving Krix, Smug, and the hunter Ramy as the only Trandoshan survivors. Krix and Ramy later made their way to the planet Nal Hutta, where they blended in with the populace of the Bilbousa Bazaar. At some point during his stay, Krix conversed with a Weequay near a saloon.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Dar! Dar! Dar!"
- ―Krix and the other hunters chant Dar's name
Krix was a burly Trandoshan with orange eyes and cream-colored scales, with blue mottling along his face and body. Krix was excited by the prospect of Dar joining the hunt and eagerly chanted the young hunter's name during Dar's initiation. Upon being attacked by the Jedi, Krix was prepared to go on the offensive but was visibly intimidated by the towering appearance of the Wookiee Chewbacca.
- "We'll take this new batch to Island Four."
- ―Garnac instructs Krix and Lagon on where to pilot the Reugeot freighter
As a pilot for the Trandoshan hunting guild, Krix flew both the guild's freighter and one of their hover pods for various purposes. At the start of the hunt following the capture of Padawan Ahsoka Tano, Krix was one of many hunters who grabbed a blaster rifle from a cache of weapons in preparation. However, he had dispensed of the blaster by the time he had made it to the fortress's hover pod platform.
Krix's clothing during the Tano hunt included a dark-colored shirt with yellow lightning bolts on the sleeves and yellow trim around the neckline. Krix also kept a holster on a belt, although he did not carry a sidearm in it. In addition, Krix wore a set of tactical suspenders that had four pouches sewed onto them. Like his shirt, the pouches also displayed yellow markings. A belt with a pouch wrapped around Krix's right arm, while his left arm wore an armband and an electronic gauntlet. His pants were gray.
Behind the scenesEdit
Krix was one of the many Trandoshan characters introduced in "Padawan Lost," the twenty-first episode in Season Three of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Krix appeared again and was identified by name in the following episode, "Wookiee Hunt," wherein his voice was provided by Richard Green, the voice actor of fellow Trandoshan Lo-Taren. Both episodes aired on April 1, 2011, as the season finale. Krix later made a cameo appearance in the Season Four episode "Friends and Enemies," which aired on January 27, 2012.
Krix and the other Trandoshans from the Wasskah arc were designed by conceptual artist Pat Presley. Krix's stockier frame was part of a deliberate effort to create more physically diverse body types for the Trandoshans compared to the iconic Bossk, who had appeared earlier in the series. According to series head Dave Filoni, Krix's name was chosen because it sounded lizard-like. Krix's conceptual artwork depicted the character with yellow eyes, whereas his final design changed his eyes to orange.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt" (First identified as Krix)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Felucia, as depicted in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, in 20 BBY. The Battle of Felucia serves as the precursor to The Clone Wars's Wasskah arc, which covers the episodes "Padawan Lost" and "Wookiee Hunt," thereby providing a date for the events therein.
- ↑ screenshot) — Leland Chee of the Lucasfilm Story Group, regarding canon subjects retaining their original names from Star Wars Legends. Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles originally established the HCT-2001 Dragonboat-class Reugeot 905 freighter designation. . “Fair to assume species names are the same unless you hear otherwise. Same goes for planets. And ship models.” (
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three — Behind the Story: "Chewbacca Returns"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three — Behind the Story: "Chewbacca Returns" Easter Egg