Kuar was a Deep Core world of flat, rocky, dusty plains.
Kuar was the fifth planet in the Kuar system, orbiting a single star. The planet lay on the Koros Trunk Line between Empress Teta and Foerost. The native Kuarans built cites, towns and villages throughout the world, almost always underground.
Kuar was conquered in 4002 BBY by the Mandalorians, who wiped out most of the indigenous Kuarans and used the ruined, underground cities as staging grounds for their attack upon the Empress Teta system. To resolve the conflict, Ulic Qel-Droma challenged Mandalore the Indomitable to a duel. On the Plains of Harkul, Qel-Droma defeated the Mandalorian leader, winning his loyalty. The Mandalorians only used the planet briefly after conquering it, and the structures were abandoned for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
During the Diversity Alliance Crisis, Bornan Thul met with the scavenger Fonterrat on Kuar, on behalf of the Alliance leader, Nolaa Tarkona. Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo and Tenel Ka later arrived on the planet while trying to find Raynar Thul's father.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 1: Edge of the Whirlwind (First appearance)
- Knights of the Old Republic 48: Demon, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 2"—Star Wars Insider 27
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 1: Edge of the Whirlwind
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague