|Chronological and political information|
- "Never hand your enemy the means by which she can kill you."
- ―Kuat of Kuat
During his time as head of Kuat Drive Yards, he carried the simple title of "Technician".
As the Imperial military-industrial complex swallowed KDY's competitors, Kuat fought to protect the independence of his family, planet, and firm. This, combined with his opposition to the Death Star project, made him unpopular amongst some of the ruling Kuati families and the Imperial elite.
Later, in fear of losing control of the Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat wired the entire construction docks with explosives. Boba Fett flew the Hound's Tooth into the exploding construction area, where he found Kuat inside one of the larger ships waiting for his imminent death.
After a series of questions about the bombing raid of the Dune Sea, Boba Fett made Kuat leave the ship. Fett managed to pilot the ship into the vacuum of space. In the aftermath, Kuat was killed by the explosions, but the ship that Fett flew into space was a key part of the explosives, and the removal of the ship disrupted the process; 80% of the docks survived, thanks to Fett.
Kuat often kept a pet felinx as company.
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 13 (KUA3-4, Kuat Drive Yards)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 61 (Messenger Droids)
- Platt's Starport Guide (Picture only) (Retcon)
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Essential Reader's Companion