Kuat Drive Yards (KDY) was a starship manufacturer based on the planet Kuat. It produced many of the galaxy's most terrifying symbols of Imperial might, including the Imperial-class Star Destroyer, and also produced walkers such as the All Terrain Defense Pod. It had several subsidiaries, with Kuat Vehicles focusing on civilian ground products, and Kuat Systems Engineering producing starfighters.
One of the foremost military shipbuilding corporations in the galaxy, Kuat Drive Yards produced a variety of arms and military-grade hardware for a variety of factions throughout the galaxy, such as the Galactic Republic. With the aid of its subsidiary Rothana Heavy Engineering, KDY produced most if not all of the Republic military's starships and vehicles throughout the Clone Wars. Notable starships including the Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ship, LAAT/i gunships, the formidable land-based AT-TE walker, and the Venator-class Star Destroyer were all produced by KDY, making it one of the most influential companies in the galaxy.
It was only natural for KDY to shift its allegiance following the proclamation of the New Order, and the Republic's transformation into the autocracy that was the Galactic Empire. As a result of its importance in Republic military production, it quickly became the premier starship and vehicle manufacturer for the Imperial Navy and Imperial Army respectively, reaping huge profits as a result. The collusion of industrial and military power led to the distinct, dagger-shaped vessels utilized by the Imperial armed forces, with the company producing the most prominent symbols of Imperial might. The Imperial-class Star Destroyer and AT-AT walker were products of KDY's massive military infrastructure. The Admiralty pushed for KDY's larger vessels, much to the chagrin of the Imperial Starfighter Corps.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (First mentioned)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes (First appearance)
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- "Blade Squadron: Kuat"—Star Wars Insider 168
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Death Star Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- ↑ Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: Death Star Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- ↑ The increase in Imperial power has been very lucrative for Kuat Drive Yards.. Star Wars Rebels (February 26, 2015). Retrieved on February 26, 2015.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy