The Kuat Drive Yards Orbital Array, often simply known as the Kuat Drive Yards or the Kuat shipyards, was a group of connected space stations that orbited and completely encircled the planet Kuat as an immense ring.
The Orbital Array was made of fifteen modules, including three shipyards that constituted the Kuat Drive Yards and produced some of the most memorable starships in the galaxy. These shipyards were the Maw Shipyards, the Deponn Shipyards, and the Andrim Shipyards. There were also three facilities that played a key role in the function of the ring. The first was the Kuati supply space station, located on the West portion of the Orbital Array, which was responsible for receiving and distributing various supplies required for both creating/maintaining the various warships docked there, and for maintaining the orbital array itself. The second was the Kuati residential space station, located to the north, which acted as living space for the workers at the Orbital Array. The third was the Kuati military space station.
Owing to the Orbital Array's primary function of laying down, constructing, and maintaining various starships, the ring was littered with various drydocks, warehouses, machine shops, and factories.
As many Kuati lived in the ring, the Orbital Array also consisted of many apartment complexes, hotels, restaurants, shops, medical facilities, and places of entertainment. Most of offworlders that visited Kuat remained in the ring during their entire stay. Kuati Security Forces regularly patrolled all areas within the ring, and as such had multiple headquarter offices distributed throughout.
Following the Battle of Yavin, the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Devastator was maintained under repair in the Kuat Drive Yards Orbital Array after have sustained heavy damage during an engagement with the Rebel fleet.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds (Picture only)
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:7:01 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 68 (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars 13: Five Days of Sith, Part One
- X-Wing: Iron Fist
- Platt's Starport Guide (As "Kuat shipyards")
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds (First identified as Kuat Drive Yards Orbital Array)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars 13: Five Days of Sith, Part One