Kuat Systems Engineering was a starship manufacturing company who were a subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards. Based on the planet Kuat, the company most notably produced the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light intercepter, the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor, the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft, and the RZ-1 A-wing interceptor.
Initially, Kuat Systems Engineering and Sienar Fleet Systems were competitors. However, with the rise of the Galactic Empire, Sienar acquired key assets and engineers formerly employed by Kuat, which ultimately led to the creation of the TIE line of starfighters.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy