Among the vessels used in the sector defense fleets were the multi kilometer-long Procurator-class Star Battlecruisers and the Mandator-class Star Dreadnaughts, forerunners of Imperial warships used in the Galactic Civil War. The Kuat defense forces belonged to one of the few wealthy sectors that could afford fielding warships of this size prior to the Clone Wars.
Following the Battle of Rendili during the Clone Wars, the sector fleets were made a part of the Republic Navy, thanks to an effort by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to centralize all home defense fleets to help the war effort and prevent future incidents of the same kind. Upon the creation of the Galactic Empire, the defense fleets became part of the Imperial Navy as the Kuati Security Forces were Imperialized and augmented and Kuat received its own Moff.
In 4 ABY, a fleet of Kuat vessels, led by the KDY flagship made a bombing run on Tatooine, as part of a cover-up orchestrated by Kuat of Kuat. Later on, as part of the same conflict, the KDY security cruiser was used to track the Hound's Tooth, appropriated by Boba Fett, to the Oranessan system.
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 TFN Curtis Saxton interview
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections, p. 23
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- ↑ The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- ↑ The Mandalorian Armor
- ↑ Hard Merchandise
- ↑ The Essential Atlas