The Kubaz were a sentient species from the planet of Kubindi. They had dark skin, long snouts, and sensitive eyes. On the whole, their appearance resembled that of the northern Mustafarians. Kubaz were unable to pronounce the phonemes of Galactic Basic, and their language was made of whirring syllables. 
One notable member of this species was Garindan, an informant who worked for the highest bidder. Another was Ooblamon, a junk dealer from Taris who claimed to have recovered the red-bladed lightsaber that had belonged to Darth Vader. Another Kubaz was Rikard Lovas, a male banker who regularly conducted business on the planet Jakku that fell into gambling debts owed to the Irving Boys.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Duel of Destiny" (Non-canonical appearance)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Uprising
- "High Noon on Jakku"
- "The Face of Evil" (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Kubaz)
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations