|Height of average adult||
They resembled bipedal, cobalt-blue-skinned saurians and were four meters long. The Kwi did not have the ability to talk unlike the Kwa though they possessed a collective memory of their former glory and the importance of the protection of the ancient Star Temples. However, they could race at incredible speeds. In 31 BBY, many Kwi were slaughtered by the Nightsisters during their attempt to access the secrets of the Infinity Gate.
The remaining Kwi disappeared into the deserts and would form tribes including the Blue Desert People and the Blue Mountain People, as well as the Rhoa Kwi. The Kwi also migrated every dawn and every dusk.
During the Galactic Civil War, Geonosian bio-engineers at the Geonosian Bio-Lab on Yavin 4 experimented with mutated Kwis. In 8 ABY, Luke Skywalker and Isolder encountered a group of Kwi who aided them before returning to their simple existence in the desert. In 23 ABY, while onboard the Off Chance, Tenel Ka and Luke Skywalker saw the Blue Mountain People herd migrating in the dawn light.
- Star Wars: Republic 24: Infinity's End, Part 2
- Star Wars: Republic 25: Infinity's End, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 26: Infinity's End, Part 4
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 139 (DAT1-2, Dathomir)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Chronology