Kyakhta was a male Ansionian enforcer for Soergg. He had ragged red hair, was of average height and strength, and had a crude artificial arm. He was an Alwari who had been cast out from his Tasbir clan to the cities as a child due to his mental illness.
In 22 BBY, before the Clone Wars, Kyakhta worked with another Ansionian named Bulgan to kidnap Jedi Padawan Barriss Offee, but instead aided her after she cured his and his companion's mental illnesses. After being cured, Kyakhta and Bulgan joined Barriss and her Jedi comrades in their search for the Borokii overclan, in a bid to prevent Ansion's secession from the Galactic Republic.
- The Approaching Storm (First appearance)
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 62
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 45 (OFF1, Barriss Offee)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kyakhta")
- The Essential Reader's Companion