Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Their swift speed, along with the cover of their natural environment, allowed them to be able to run from predators. Kybucks could run at up to 90 kilometers per hour. Males had short horns sitting atop their head. There were many different breeds of kybucks, often identifiable by relative size and form of their horns.
Kybucks mated for life. They raised an annual litter of two or three foals in rearing grounds protected by a barb thicket. Kybucks tended to flee from enemies when alone, but if a foe threatened a kybuck's offspring, the parents would fight to defend them. Kybucks attacked using leaping kicks and horned head-butts to fight off enemies. Judging by the way Yoda spoke to his kybuck, these creatures appeared to be quite intelligent.
The Wookiees of Woolwarrica adored the kybuck for having protective familial instincts that resembled that of the Wookiee culture. The Wookiees did not hunt the creatures. Some chieftains often domesticated kybucks as a symbol of status; others gave them as gifts.
While patrolling on Korriban, one of Yoda's kybucks was attacked and killed by an enraged tukata. In approximately 32 BBY, Yoda recorded this event in Sorzus Syn's chronicle and noted that he had not yet replaced it. 
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 1" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars PhotoComic
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"
- Star Wars Adventures: Chewbacca and the Slavers of the Shadowlands (Appears in flashback(s))
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen
- Star Wars: Clone Wars: Volume II DVD commentary
- Star Wars Miniatures: The Clone Wars
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Stay on Target