|LE-series repair droid|
LE-series repair droid
|Chronological and political information|
- "These things can install cargo, repair subsystems, pilot the ship and even communicate the spaceport personnel. Worth every credit."
- ―Describing the LE-series
Although LE-series droids were about four times more expensive than simple repair droids such as the WED Treadwell, they were much more universal and easier to communicate with than other models of repair droid.
It could not only repair spacecraft and devices, but also modify these and was an ideal walking tool for starship or stardock maintenance. The droid was also able to install the cargo in cargo holds, help with docking operation or pilot swoop bikes, landspeeders, or airspeeders. With the proper programming, it could skillfully control even a medium-sized starship. The protocol abilities allowed LE-series droids to establish contact with spaceport personnel and find the best way to avoid any unnecessary bureaucracy.
The droid itself had specialized sensors and scopes, a broadband antenna, and a hologram recorder and projector. It also knew a large variety of tools, starships and other vehicle types and huge amount of parts suitable for them. The skeletal body composition allowed LE-series droids to squeeze inside even the tightest places in almost every type of machinery.
The LE-series droid was very popular among spaceport crew members (as a part of staff) and pilots (as co-pilots and counterparts). Many owners gave their LE-series droids names based on their serial numbers.
- Anakin: Apprentice
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Droid Programming" (Mentioned only)
- "And Leebo Makes Three"—Star Wars Insider 128
- Shadow Games
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Shadows of the Empire comic
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Arms and Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 124 (LEE1-2, Leebo (LE-BO2D9))
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (LEE1-2, LE-BO2D9 (Leebo))