- "The series creators expertly deliver an equal amount of comedy and signature Star Wars adventure into their storytelling. We're looking forward to bringing our viewers a brand new season of galactic adventures with the Freemaker family throughout summer."
- ―Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming, and general manager, Disney XD
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Season Two is the upcoming second season of the animated television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. The second season was announced on April 3, 2017, and it will debut on Disney XD in Summer 2017. More details about the season will be revealed at Celebration Orlando in April 2017.
At the end of the first season, the Freemaker family found a new home with the rebel fleet. Their new circumstances bring them face to face with brutal Imperial forces, desperate Hutts, conniving Sith Lords, and the Emperor's latest plaything, M-OC, a terrifying hunter droid who continually modifies himself to fit any occasion. In response to these threats, Rowan's powers grow and strengthen until he has a vision of a sleek, invulnerable ship that can save the Rebellion and stop the Empire in its tracks — the Arrowhead. The catch is, the Arrowhead is a ship only Rowan can build. Once again, it's up to the youngest Freemaker to save the galaxy.
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Season Two was created by Bill Motz and Bob Roth, who also served as executive producers. Michael Kramer served as the series' composer while Matthew Wood worked as the show's supervising sound editor and the voice of the B1 battle droid Roger. Lucasfilm designer Doug Chiang and his team redesigned the characters' costumes to allow a more natural transition into their LEGO forms. The protagonist Rowan's costume was also redesigned to resemble Luke Skywalker's fatigues from The Empire Strikes Back.
The antagonistic hunter droid M-OC was voiced by James Urbaniak. He was also designed by Doug Chiang, who also designed M-OC's ship which resembled two daggers joined together. Creator Roth described M-OC's ship as an extension of M-OC. Rowan Freemaker's starship Arrowhead was also designed by Ryan Church, who had worked as a concept artist on the Prequel trilogy. Roth confirmed that the ship was powered by a giant kyber crystal and would play an important role in the plot of Season Two.
Marketing and releaseEdit
On April 3, 2017, it was announced on StarWars.com that LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures would be renewed for a second season. The press release also mentioned that five new animated shorts would be released on May 4, 2017 to fill the gap between the first and second seasons and that a sneak preview of the season would be released at Celebration Orlando in mid-April 2017. The second season will premiere on Disney XD in the summer of 2017. The announcement was accompanied by a YouTube trailer and five preview images depicting the Freemakers, the hunter droid M-OC, the starship Arrowhead, and several members of the Rebel Alliance including Quarrie, Crix Madine, Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and Hera Syndulla.
To promote Season Two, executive producers Bill Motz and Bob Roth, Lucasfilm Story Group member Leland Chee, composer Michael Kramer, supervising sound director and cast member Matthew Wood, and host Amy Ratcliffe hosted a panel at Celebration Orlando on April 16, 2017. During the panel, Roth confirmed that Season Two would focus on the Freemakers' involvement in the Rebel Alliance. Key plot threads would be Kordi Freemaker's aspirations of becoming a rebel heroine, Zander becoming a hotshot pilot, and Rowan discovering and fulfilling his purpose. Roth also confirmed that Princess Leia Organa and the Star Wars Rebels character Hera Syndulla would appear as supporting characters.
During the Celebration Orlando panel, Motz and Roth also displayed two LEGO models of MOC and Rowan's new ship Arrowhead. As a bonus for audience members, the season premiere was also screened.
|Episode||Image||Title||Original Airdate||Prod. #|
|01||"Trouble on Tibalt"||Summer 2017||201|
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 1.51 1.52 1.53 1.54 1.55 1.56 1.57 1.58 1.59 1.60 1.61 1.62 1.63 1.64 1.65 1.66 1.67 1.68 1.69 1.70 1.71 1.72 1.73 1.74 1.75 1.76
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Petski, Denise (2014-04-03). 'Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures' Renewed For Season 2 By Disney XD. Deadline.com. Retrieved on April 3, 2017.