- "The series creators expertly deliver an equal amount of comedy and signature Star Wars adventure into their storytelling. We're looking forward to bringing our viewers a brand new season of galactic adventures with the Freemaker family throughout summer."
- ―Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming, and general manager, Disney XD
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Season Two is the second season of the animated television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. The second season was announced on April 3, 2017, and details were revealed at Celebration Orlando later that month.
At the end of the first season, the Freemaker family found a new home with the rebel fleet. Their new circumstances bring them face to face with brutal Imperial forces, desperate Hutts, conniving Sith Lords, and the Emperor's latest plaything, M-OC, a terrifying hunter droid who continually modifies himself to fit any occasion. In response to these threats, Rowan's powers grow and strengthen until he has a vision of a sleek, invulnerable ship that can save the Rebellion and stop the Empire in its tracks — the Arrowhead. The catch is, the Arrowhead is a ship only Rowan can build. Once again, it's up to the youngest Freemaker to save the galaxy.
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Season Two was created by Bill Motz and Bob Roth, who also served as executive producers. Michael Kramer served as the series' composer while Matthew Wood worked as the show's supervising sound editor and the voice of the B1 battle droid Roger. Lucasfilm designer Doug Chiang and his team redesigned the characters' costumes to allow a more natural transition into their LEGO forms. The protagonist Rowan's costume was also redesigned to resemble Luke Skywalker's fatigues from The Empire Strikes Back.
The antagonistic hunter droid M-OC was voiced by James Urbaniak. He and his ship, which resembled two joined daggers, were also designed by Doug Chiang. Creator Roth described M-OC's ship as an extension of M-OC. Rowan Freemaker's starship Arrowhead was designed by Ryan Church, who had worked as a concept artist on the prequel trilogy. Roth confirmed that the ship was powered by a giant kyber crystal and would play an important role in the plot of Season Two.
Marketing and releaseEdit
On April 3, 2017, it was announced on StarWars.com that LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures would be renewed for a second season. The press release mentioned that five new animated shorts would be released on May 4, 2017 to fill the gap between the first and second seasons and that a sneak preview of the season would be released at Celebration Orlando in mid-April 2017. The second season premiered on Disney XD in the summer of 2017. The announcement was accompanied by a YouTube trailer and five preview images depicting the Freemakers, the hunter droid M-OC, the starship Arrowhead, and several members of the Rebel Alliance including Quarrie, Crix Madine, Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and Hera Syndulla.
To promote Season Two, executive producers Bill Motz and Bob Roth, Lucasfilm Story Group member Leland Chee, composer Michael Kramer, supervising sound director and cast member Matthew Wood, and host Amy Ratcliffe hosted a panel at Celebration Orlando on April 16, 2017. During the panel, Roth confirmed that Season Two would focus on the Freemakers' involvement in the Rebel Alliance. Key plot threads would be Kordi Freemaker's aspirations of becoming a rebel heroine, Zander becoming a hotshot pilot, and Rowan discovering and fulfilling his purpose. Roth also confirmed that Princess Leia Organa and the Star Wars Rebels character Hera Syndulla would appear as supporting characters.
During the Celebration Orlando panel, Motz and Roth displayed two LEGO models of MOC and Rowan's new ship Arrowhead. As a bonus for audience members, the season premiere was also screened. On June 7, cast member Eugene Byrd was interviewed by Anthony Carboni on The Star Wars Show. Bryd confirmed that Rowan Freemaker was a Force Builder and showed Doug Chiang's drawings of Zander, Kordi, and Rowan. Producers Motz and Roth also appeared on the show to publicize LEGO sets. In addition, Carboni and Andi Gutierrez confirmed that the first episode "Trouble on Tibalt" would air on June 17. The series would then resume on July 31 with new episodes running Monday through Thursday until August 16.
|Episode||Image||Title||Original Airdate||Prod. #|
|1||"Home One"||May 4, 2017|
|The Freemakers prove their worth to the Rebellion with Kordi's amazing bartering skills.|
|2||"Thrown Into Battle"||May 4, 2017|
|Roger saves the Rebel Fleet from certain destruction when he accidentally turns himself into a torpedo.|
|3||"Rowan's Secret Adventure"||May 4, 2017|
|Rowan winds up in a Y-Wing's tailgunner seat in the middle of an intense battle against the Empire.|
|4||"Zander Freemaker, Superstar Pilot Guy!"||May 4, 2017|
|Zander attempts to join a fighter squadron by flying his own ship, the Blazemaker.|
|5||"Beware, the Gamorrean Flu!"||May 4, 2017|
|The Freemakers undertake a daring mission to save two of the Rebellion's finest heroes: LANDO CALRISSIAN and CHEWBACCA.|
|Episode||Image||Title||Original Airdate||Prod. #|
|01||"A New Home"||June 17, 2017||201|
|New to Home One, the Freemakers embark on a series of misadventures to assist and maybe even impress the rebel fleet. This episode is a collection of the five short video clips.|
|02||"Trouble on Tibalt"||June 17, 2017||202|
|While scavenging for the Rebellion, the Freemakers meet the Empire's newest threat, M-OC.|
|03||"The Tower of Aliston Nor"||July 31, 2017||203|
|Looking for inspiration, Rowan journeys to Aliston Nor where he finds an abandoned city of Jedi and M-OC.|
|04||"The Embersteel Blade"||August 1, 2017||204|
|In an attempt to attain parts for the Arrowhead, Kordi goes undercover at a swanky Imperial auction.|
|05||"The Storms of Taul"||August 2, 2017||205|
|The Freemakers cross paths again with Hondo and wind up trapped on Taul with M-OC.|
|06||"Return to the Wheel"||August 3, 2017||206|
|The Freemakers return to the Wheel to retrieve a special part, but all they find are Graballa the Hutt and his team of bounty hunters.|
|07||"The Lost Crystals of Qalydon"||August 7, 2017||207|
|The Freemakers help a village of Lurmen regain their stolen Kyber crystals from the Empire.|
|08||"The Pit and the Pinnacle"||August 8, 2017||208|
|Using his unique powers, Rowan leads the Freemakers to a planet rich in Kyber crystals and danger.|
|09||"Flight of the Arrowhead"||August 9, 2017||209|
|The Freemakers have all the parts they need to complete the Arrowhead, but they need to build the ship in time to save the Rebel Fleet.|
|10||"A Perilous Rescue"||August 10, 2017||210|
|Yearning for adventure and excitement, Rowan launches himself on a solo mission that brings him face-to-face with M-OC.|
|11||"Escape from Coruscant"||August 14, 2017||211|
|Against orders, Kordi and Zander take the Arrowhead to Coruscant in a desperate bid to save their brother.|
|12||"Free Fall"||August 15, 2017||212|
|Rowan battles M-OC in the upper atmosphere of Shantipole.|
|13||"Return of the Return of the Jedi"||August 16, 2017||213|
|The Freemakers wind up in the middle of the Battle of Endor where Rowan has his final confrontation with M-OC.|
- This is the first season to be kept in a normal pitch in NTSC releases; the previous season was released in a low pitch in all of that season's NTSC releases (as opposed to being kept in a normal pitch in its PAL releases).
- Celebration Orlando 2017 - Freemaker Adventures Panel
- Zap2it Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures: Season 2 episode guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 A New Home - The Freemaker Adventures
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Season 2 coming to DVD
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Season 2 lands on DVD 13th March 2018
- ↑ Home One - Freemaker Adventures - Ep. 1
- ↑ Thrown Into Battle - Freemaker Adventures - Ep. 2
- ↑ Rowan's Secret Adventure - Freemaker Adventures - Ep. 3
- ↑ Zander Freemaker, Superstar Pilot Guy - Freemaker Adventures - Ep. 4
- ↑ Beware, the Gamorrean Flu!
- ↑ Disney XD - A New Home
- ↑ Disney XD - Trouble on Tibalt
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Disney XD - The Tower of Aliston Nor
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Disney XD - The Embersteel Blade
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Disney XD - The Storms of Taul
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Disney XD - Return to the Wheel
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Disney XD - The Lost Crystals of Qalydon
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Disney XD - The Pit and the Pinnacle
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Disney XD - Flight of the Arrowhead
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Disney XD - A Perilous Rescue
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Disney XD - Escape from Coruscant
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Disney XD - Free Fall
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Disney XD - Return of the Return of the Jedi