The LIN demolitionmech autonomous minelayer was a model of dome-shaped mining droid designed to plant explosives to blast away rocks and debris. They were also used to lay mines on battlefields and had protective shells for accidental detonations.
In 0 BBY, a LIN designated LIN-V8K was among the droids on board the sandcrawler that Rebel droids R2-D2 and C-3PO were brought aboard during the secret mission to the planet Tatooine. Along with the rest of the droids on board, it was brought out for display at the Lars moisture farm; however, the LIN unit was not selected for purchase by the moisture farmer Owen Lars.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the script of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "The Hidden Enemy", the opening sequence was to originally feature clone troopers setting up their own LIN modified for combat that they had nicknamed "The Beast." This content was ultimately cut from the final episode as it was deemed unnecessary.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy" (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- "Tales from Wild Space: Gonk"—Star Wars Adventures 8
- Star Wars Battlefront
- "Droid Dilemma"—Star Wars 25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part V
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Builders: Droids (First identified as LIN demolitionmech autonomous minelayer)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded