|LIN demolitionmech autonomous minelayer|
LIN demolitionmech autonomous minelayer
| Technical specifications
Dark metallic green
|Chronological and political information|
- "Advantage #7: Blast Proof. The LIN Demolitionmech is One Tough Droid"
- ―Excerpt from the Demolitionmech's advertising campaign
The LIN droid was equipped with a visual sensor and an acoustic signaler that could communicate in the warbling of Droidspeak only. It could be used as a military droid, helping to deploy pressure bombs and anti-repulsor grenades.
The droid was able to move its manipulator arm 360 degrees, so it could both lay mines where it had just been and keep them away from its own heading.
Cybot Galactica stopped the production of the droid after a charge being held by one of the droids detonated in a mine on Gosfambling. 10 miners died of suffocation in the cave-in. While it was found that the fault lay in the charge, the bad publicity was enough for them to quietly retire the line, though they were made in numerous enough numbers to appear across the galaxy, especially in the Outer Rim.
- Star Wars: Republic 20: Twilight, Part 2
- Luke's Fate
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One (As "LIN droid")
- Star Wars Technical Journal (As "LIN droid")
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: LIN-V8M)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: LIN-V8K)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Arms and Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 49 (LIN1-2, LIN Demolitionmech)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids