- "Oh, look out Jar Jar. A crab droid is heading right for you."
"Headed for meesa?"
- ―C-3PO and Jar Jar Binks
The LM-432 "muckraker" crab droid, commonly referred to as the crab droid or simply "muckraker," was a six legged droid tank manufactured by the Techno Union. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars.
The LM-432 crab droid was a Separatist military unit that exceled at navigating swampy environments. Its six armored limbs provided secure purchase when clambering over uneven terrain, and teeth at the tips of the limbs combined with gripping peongs at the joints allowed the crab droid to scale steep inclines. The LM-432's face was dominated by three glowing red photoreceptors, while communications antennae kept the droid in contact with its Separatist commanders. The crab droid had two belly mounted blaster cannons for long-range threats. Its forelegs were strong enough to punch through vehicle armor. Smaller versions had four legs.
One of the crab droid's weaknesses was its blind spots. An intuitive attacker could slip past its claws and strike at its vulnerable central processor. During the Battle of Utapau, clone troopers jumped on top of several crab droids, where they shot it repeatedly in its "head."
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First identified as LM-432 crab droid)
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bombad Jedi" (First identified as crab droid)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (Leg only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Tarkin (Wreckage only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded