|LR-57 combat droid|
LR-57 combat droid
|Chronological and political information|
LR-57 combat droids, also called Retail Caucus droids or retail droids, were battle droids used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. Primarily used as sentinels, these droids were bipedal and possessed two upper limbs terminating in two blaster cannons, four in all. They could be left dormant for long periods of time while their sensitive dorsal antennae searched for specific types of signals, activity, or other disturbances, enabling the droids to be used as autonomous mines.
In the Battle of Christophsis, orange-colored LR-57s were used as guards of the energy shield projector. When Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano inadvertently stumbled into a droid minefield on their approach to disable the generator, several of the droids broke through the ground where they had been waiting and met them in defense. While they outnumbered the two Jedi, their sluggish reactions made them easy prey; half of them were destroyed by Skywalker, the rest were crushed by Ahsoka pulling down a wall on top of them.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars junior novelization (First identified as retail droid)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- "Dug Out"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.19
- "Outgunned"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.20
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- "Star Wars PocketModel TCG - Clone Wars Tactics" (Card: )
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (First identified as LR-57 combat droid)
- Jedi Academy Training Manual (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Visual Guide Ultimate Battles
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- (First identified as Retail Caucus droid)