Bio-luminescent tipped dorsal fin
The typical laa was a green-scaled fish with a long snout and a broad tail. The laa also had a long, thin dorsal fin tipped with a bio-luminescent bulb. This bulb helped attract the favorite prey of the laa, the yobshrimp. Laa also picked out yobshrimp from the gills of tee, which, despite being voracious, did not harm the laa for the yobshrimp were parasitic to the tee.
Behind the scenesEdit
Laa, along with its musically-influence scalefish cousins, the doo, ray, mee, faa, see, and tee, first appeared in the deep waters of Naboo in the 1999 prequel trilogy film Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. It was later illustrated by Terryl Whitlatch in the 2001 reference book The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide, and referenced in Star Wars: Republic.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic 69: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part 1
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Phantom Menace Expanded Visual Dictionary