- "I was thinking of staying out in the Lake Country. There's some places out there that are very isolated."
- ―Padmé Amidala
The Lake Country was a remote area of the planet Naboo located approximately two hours by Gian speeder from Theed, that was dominated by beautiful lakes, surrounded by mountains and valleys. Wide meadows of grass and wildflowers sat among the waterfalls and lakes, and much of the planet's native shaak population made their homes there. It was here that the Varykino retreat—once owned by Omar Berenko and later by the Naberrie family—was located. It was sparsely populated by farmers. The House of Palpatine owned a sprawling estate, Convergence, located in the Lake Country.
- Darth Plagueis
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 69 (NAB29-30, Naboo - Lake Country)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 32
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Padmé Amidala (★★★, Naboo)) (Picture only)