- "Look at this. Ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand."
"It'll be enough."
- ―Luke Skywalker laments the low selling price of his landspeeder to Obi-Wan Kenobi.
A landspeeder was a ground transportation vehicle capable of hovering slightly that enabled transit at relatively high speeds. Luke Skywalker owned an X-34 landspeeder, which he used to travel to the Jundland Wastes to seek out R2-D2 when he escaped from the Lars moisture farm. Later, he used the landspeeder to pilot himself, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 from the Jundland Wastes to Mos Eisley following the destruction of the Lars homestead. After the group arrived at Mos Eisley and chartered Han Solo and Chewbacca to fly them to Alderaan on the Millennium Falcon, Luke sold his landspeeder for 2,000 credits to help cover their fare. Luke lamented the price he was given, noting that ever since the new model of landspeeder had come out, the old one just didn't sell like it used to.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Ezra's Gamble
- Droids in Distress
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Princess Leia, Part IV
- Chewbacca, Part I
- Chewbacca, Part III
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- "The Perfect Weapon"
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
Notes and referencesEdit
- Landspeeder on Wikipedia