- "Look at this. Ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand."
"It'll be enough."
- ―Luke Skywalker laments the low selling price of his landspeeder to Obi-Wan Kenobi.
A landspeeder was a ground transportation vehicle capable of hovering slightly that enabled transit at relatively high speeds. Luke Skywalker owned an X-34 landspeeder, which he used to travel to the Jundland Wastes to seek out R2-D2 when he escaped from the Lars moisture farm. Later, he used the landspeeder to pilot himself, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 from the Jundland Wastes to Mos Eisley following the destruction of the Lars homestead. After the group arrived at Mos Eisley and chartered Han Solo and Chewbacca to fly them to Alderaan on the Millennium Falcon, Luke sold his landspeeder for 2,000 credits to help cover their fare. Luke lamented the price he was given, noting that ever since the new model of landspeeder had come out, the old one just didn't sell like it used to.
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- Landspeeder on Wikipedia