- "Do you speak Bocce?"
"Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language to me…"
- ―Owen Lars and C-3PO
Some languages used more than one script. For instance, Galactic Basic used the Aurebesh, Outer Rim Basic, and High Galactic forms of written communication depending on the situation. Additionally, most societies used a base ten number system, however there are exceptions. Jawas used a base nine system, and the Hutts counted on their fingers, of which they only have eight, and their numbers jump from seven to ten.
In order to overcome language barriers between beings from different species or ethnic groups, protocol droids were equipped with formidable language skills. When communicating among several species, a trade language such as Sy Bisti or Jawa Trade Talk could be used.
- "Mandalorian Graffiti"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ; image #13 (of 16)