- "Do you speak Bocce?"
"Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language to me…"
- ―Owen Lars and C-3PO
A language was a method of sentient communication, either oral or written, consisting of the use of sounds and words in a structured and conventional way. Prevalent languages in the galaxy included Galactic Basic and Huttese. Less common examples included Aqualish, Bocce Lasat, Ithorese and Ubese and Ewokese. In order to overcome language barriers between beings from different species or ethnic groups, protocol droids were equipped with formidable language skills.
- "Mandalorian Graffiti"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- ; image #13 (of 16)