- "Do you speak Bocce?"
"Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language to me…"
- ―Owen Lars and C-3PO
A language was a method of sentient communication, either oral or written, consisting of the use of sounds and words in a structured and conventional way. Prevalent languages in the galaxy included Basic and Huttese. Less common examples included Aqualish, Bocce Lasat, Ithorese and Ubese and Ewokese. In order to overcome language barriers between beings from different species or ethnic groups, protocol droids were equipped with formidable language skills.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin, Part II
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin, Part III
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Part II (Mentioned in flashback)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 5: Vader, Part V (Mentioned)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I (Mentioned)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- "Mandalorian Graffiti"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- ; image #13 (of 16)