- "The ways of my people are strange and primitive!"
- ―Even Piell
The Lannik were known for their bellicose society, and were seen to be fearless and sometimes hotheaded and arrogant. More often than not, Lannik kept clear heads in combat, and could deduce a solution to many dangerous situations. The Lannik were governed by the Lannik High Court.
The Lannik homeworld was first discovered by a group of Human and Duros explorers, who brought high technology to Lannik. The natives' exposure to this technology split Lannik society into factions, each with its own thoughts on how to integrate that technology into their society. Conflicts raged on Lannik, forcing the intervention of several criminal groups, and finally, the Galactic Republic itself, which restricted the amount of technology exported to the planet. This did not go as planned, serving only to increase the amount of technology on Lannik, and also entrenched crime syndicates on the planet. This led to the rise of the terrorist group known as the Red Iaro.
By the time of the Galactic Empire, Lannik were rarely seen offworld.
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- "Who's Who in the Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 62
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Atlas
- "50 Great Reasons to Rewatch Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Three"—Star Wars Insider 125
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Keeping the Peace