The Lars family was a family that lived primarily on the planet Tatooine as moisture farmers. The patriarch of the family, Cliegg and his wife had a son named Owen. After his wife died, Cliegg married Shmi Skywalker, whom he freed from slavery. Cliegg's son, Owen, married a girl named Beru Whitesun.
When Anakin Skywalker, the son of Shmi, became Darth Vader, his son, Luke Skywalker, was cared for by Owen and his wife, Beru, whom he called "Uncle Owen" and "Aunt Beru." They were killed by Imperial stormtroopers shortly before the Battle of Yavin. Since they had no blood descendants, the family line ended with them.
|Unknown woman||Cliegg Lars||Shmi Skywalker Lars|
|Owen Lars||Beru Whitesun Lars||(see Skywalker family)|
(adopted by Lars family)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- (First identified as Lars family)