|Notable family members|
| Chronological and political information
|Extinction of family name||
0 BBY (continued through adoption)
The Lars family was a family that lived primarily on the planet Tatooine. The earliest known member of the Lars family was Lef Lars. With his wife, Gredda, they had two sons named Cliegg and Edern. Cliegg married Aika and had a son named Owen. After Aika died, Cliegg married Shmi Skywalker, whom he freed from slavery. Cliegg's son, Owen, married a girl named Beru Whitesun.
When Anakin Skywalker, the son of Shmi, became Darth Vader, his son, Luke Skywalker, was cared for by Owen and his wife, Beru Whitesun, whom he called "Uncle Owen" and "Aunt Beru." They were killed by Imperial stormtroopers in 0 BBY. Since they had no blood descendants, the family line ended with them.
It is possible, however, that Luke's aunt Coolie was connected in some way with the Lars family.
Lef Lars--+--Gredda Lars | +----------------------------------+ | | Aika Lars--+--Cliegg Lars--+--Shmi Skywalker Edern Lars | | | (See Skywalker family) | | (See Whitesun family) | | Owen Lars--+--Beru Whitesun Lars | (adopted) (See Skywalker family) | Luke Skywalker
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novelization
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novelization
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novelization