Laser gates, also known as electron walls, were designed to protect high-security or dangerous areas by sealing them off with a wall of energy.
Laser gates were installed in the Plasma Refinery Complex on Naboo. The barriers were strong enough to easily block a lightsaber strike and would vaporize any matter that touched them. However, the generators were unable to keep up the immense energy needed to power the gates, and so they would cycle on and off approximately every five minutes. Each gate remained open for only around ten seconds before cycling on again.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- "End Game"
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Last of the Jedi: Death on Naboo
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game
- Escape from the Death Star
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)