These speeders were used by the Rebel Alliance Corps of Engineers, alongside excavator machinery, to carve out space inside the caves of Echo Base. Their laser cannons could also be used to protect the hangars, if needed. Luke Skywalker manned such a craft to defend Echo Base from a wampa attack.
Behind the scenesEdit
One of these units was briefly seen in the left corner of the screen when Han Solo rode into a hangar at the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back. A cut scene also showed Luke Skywalker using a speeder of this type to fight off wampas.
One of these were featured in 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack, a LEGO Star Wars battlepack that included several Hoth Rebel Troopers, along with dual flick firing rocket launchers. The vehicle was later added to the LEGO Star Wars: Microfighters video game.
- LEGO Star Wars: Microfighters video game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack)
- The Making of The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition
- Star Wars: The Card Game – The Battle of Hoth (Card: Snowspeeder Launch Bay) (Picture only)
- Strongholds of Resistance