The laser rifle was standard issue to the Corellian armed forces. Its use was restricted to the best Corellian snipers. The snipers who used this rifle generally earned fame with its trademark accuracy. Combined with the laser rifle's extraordinary power and the option to fit a scope of any size according to the user's personal preferences, this rifle was by far one of the deadliest weapons in the galaxy.
Laser rifles were also used by various elite commandos during the Galactic Civil War.
Behind the scenesEdit
The script for the original film calls rifles carried by both Luke Skywalker and the Tusken Raiders "laser rifles." This term was adopted by the comic adaptation Star Wars 1, which was based on the script and came out before the finished film. By contrast, the later Star Wars Customizable Card Game classified both these rifles as slugthrowers: the 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle and the Tusken Cycler, respectively.
- Reckonings"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- League of Spies
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker
- Star Wars 1 (First appearance)
- Star Wars Missions 5: The Hunt for Han Solo
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- X-Wing: Iron Fist (as laser sniper rifle)
- X-Wing: Solo Command
- The Courtship of Princess Leia
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide