Last Shot is a canon novel written by Daniel José Older that serves as a tie-in to the 2018 Anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story. The novel was first published by Del Rey on April 17, 2018 in hardcover, and was released in paperback on October 30, 2018.
It's one of the galaxy's most dangerous secrets: a mysterious transmitter with unknown power and a reward for its discovery that most could only dream of claiming. But those who fly the Millennium Falcon throughout its infamous history aren't your average scoundrels. Not once, but twice, the crew of the Falcon tries to claim the elusive prize—first, Lando Calrissian and the droid L3-37 at the dawn of an ambitious career, and later, a young and hungry Han Solo with the help of his copilot, Chewbacca. But the device's creator, the volatile criminal Fyzen Gor, isn't interested in sharing. And Gor knows how to hold a grudge....
It's been ten years since the rebel hero Han Solo last encountered Fyzen Gor. After mounting a successful rebellion against the Empire and starting a family with an Alderaanian princess, Han hasn't given much thought to the mad inventor. But when Lando turns up at Han's doorstep in the middle of the night, it's Fyzen's assassins that he's running from. And without Han's help, Lando—and all life on Cloud City—will be annihilated.
With the assistance of a young hotshot pilot, an Ewok slicer prodigy, the woman who might be the love of Lando's life, and Han's best and furriest friend, the two most notorious scoundrels in the New Republic are working together once more. They'll have to journey across the stars—and into the past—before Gor uses the device's power to reshape the galaxy.
- The chapter segments dealing with young Lando and L3-37 flying the Millennium Falcon are said to take place about 15 years before the present-day events, which take place two years after the Battle of Jakku. This places the young Lando segments around 8 BBY; however, they must take place before Lando's appearance in Solo: A Star Wars Story, which occurs in 10 BBY.
- The chapter segments dealing with young Han Solo and Sana Starros are said to take place about 10 years before the present-day events, placing them in 3 BBY, when Han should be 29. However, Han tells Maz Kanata that he is "well into [his] early twenties."
- At one point, Prita Sven is referred to as a Vice Admiral instead of a Vice Grand Administrator.
- Lee romay from Mon Cala are described as "delectable crustaceans," when they are in fact clams, and thus mollusks.
- The demonym for Endor switches back and forth between "Endoran" and "Endorian" several times throughout the book.
- ISBN 9780525622130; April 17, 2018; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9780525622154; April 17, 2018; Del Rey; US eBook
- ISBN 9781984800466; April 17, 2018; Del Rey; Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition
- ISBN 9781984817525; May 24, 2018; Del Rey; Phoenix Comic Fest & Denver Comic Con 2018 Limited Edition hardcover
- ISBN 9780525622147; October 30, 2018; Del Rey; US paperback
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology