Lava fleas were a species of six-legged insect native to the volcanic planet Mustafar. They were well adapted to life on the world's fiery surface due to their tough exoskeletons, and ate through the planet's crust, forming a variety of underground caves where the native Mustafarian species would inhabit. They were tamed and used as mounts by the sentient northern Mustafarian species who also dwelt on the planet, as well as by visitors from other species.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as lava flea)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary, Updated Edition