- "Given what we know, let me speak plainly: Mitth'raw'nuruodo was one of our greatest heroes, a brave and principled being who devoted his life to preparing for the Vong."
- ―Lenang O'Pali Mitth'raw'nuruodo Reconsidered: A Patriot's Perspective
Lenang O'Pali was an Imperial partisan and polemicist who wrote the publication Mitth'raw'nuruodo Reconsidered: A Patriot's Perspective in 55 ABY. O'Pali's piece was an account of the role played in galactic history by the Chiss Mitth'raw'nuruodo, better known as Grand Admiral Thrawn. O'Pali took a revisionist position and believed Thrawn and Emperor Palpatine to be heroes, who had been devoted to preparing the galaxy to face the threat of the Yuuzhan Vong. O'Pali also attacked the Rebel Alliance and New Republic as having left the galaxy defenseless before the Yuuzhan Vong War by overthrowing the Galactic Empire.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Recent galactic history is not the struggle for freedom our children are force-fed — or should I style it Force-fed — on HoloNet channels controlled by Mothmatist news agencies. Rather, it is a succession of unlucky events that left our civilization defenseless against the Vong."
- ―An example of O'Pali's writing style.
A strong supporter of the Galactic Empire, O'Pali considered Thrawn and Emperor Palpatine to be great men for trying to prepare the galaxy for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, and further believed that this exonerated the Empire for many of its atrocities and ruthless suppression of dissent: O'Pali considered these necessary parts of preparing the galaxy for the invasion. Consequently, O'Pali considered the Rebellion and the establishment of the New Republic to be terrible mistakes that let down the galaxy's defenses.
O'Pali had a rather polemical writing style, and attacked critics and supporters of the New Republic as "Mothmatists", and alleged that they controlled HoloNet news channels in collusion with the New Jedi Order.
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First mentioned)