During the Clone Wars, a small Separatist army, commanded by Wat Tambor, took control of Ryloth and took the Twi'leks prisoner. They installed a plasma bridge as the only way to get into the city, which they could turn on or shut down. The capital was later freed by the combined forces of freedom fighters and the Galactic Republic, guided by Jedi Master Mace Windu and rebel leader Cham Syndulla, with aerial support from Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano's fighter squadron.
During the imperial occupation, a female Twi'lek named Isval traveled to the Octagon, a district in the heart of the city of Lessu. There, she encountered a Twi'lek escort named Ryiin and a drunken Imperial officer. After assaulting the Imperial officer, she spirits Ryiin away into a new home where she will be safe from the sex trade. A former escort, Isval wants to save other Twi'lek girls from the sex trade.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Lords of the Sith
- "Mercy Mission"—The Rise of the Empire
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming" (Mentioned only)