22 standard hours
370 local days
Temperate and dry
|Points of interest|
Lianna was the fourth planet of the Lianna system in the Allied Tion sector of the Outer Rim Territories. The ecumenopolis was the homeworld of House Santhe and the headquarters of Santhe/Sienar Technologies, and was located on the Perlemian Trade Route. The planet was sometimes known as Lianna Metro.
Lianna was conquered by warlords from Tion in the planet's early history, though it later fell under the jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Barseg during the time of the Galactic Republic. It was never, however, a part of Xim's Empire. The Galactic Senate overlooked Lianna, so the planet continued to be ruled as a traditional territory.
At approximately 300 BBY, the Senate eventually decided to take control of Lianna from Barseg, though some two hundred years later, Sienar Technologies set up operations on Lianna, after the planet continued to be misused as an industrial center even after the Senate's intervention. Soon after, the company was taken over by Kerred Santhe, who moved his company's headquarters to Lianna.
Under the control of Kerred's granddaughter, Valles Santhe, the planet remained independent, though it eventually supported the Republic during the Clone Wars, during which the Battle of Lianna was fought. The battle destroyed much of Lianna's urban sprawl.
At this point, Lady Santhe was in control of Lianna and the Allied Tion, and though the New Republic was respectful enough of her command not to intercede on her rule, surviving Imperial forces launched a series of reprisal attacks on the planet. Fortunately, as Lianna produced many of the Empire's TIE fighters, Santhe was able to hold off the attacks by threatening to cease production. The threat, plus some well-placed bribes, allowed Lianna to remain neutral by special charter of the Empire.
A standard day on Lianna lasted for twenty-two standard hours, and a year encompassed three hundred and seventy local days.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Allied Tion appears as an independent government that issued letters of marque during the New Republic in Pirates & Privateers. As Lianna was likewise an independent world, it is probable that the Allied Tion sector surrounding the world became part of Lady Santhe's independent state.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 51 —
- Jedi: Mace Windu
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:9:04 (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- The Hutt Gambit (Mentioned only)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Mission to Lianna
- The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- The New Essential Chronology
- Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 Mission to Lianna
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- ↑ Dark Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ Pirates & Privateers
- ↑ The Illustrated Star Wars Universe