The Liberator, also known as Phoenix Home, was a CR90 corvette in the service of the Phoenix Squadron several years prior to the Battle of Yavin. She served as the flagship of the Phoenix rebels following the destruction of the original command ship Phoenix Home during an attack by Darth Vader. Unfortunately, she had a tendency to run into trouble due to this status, and twice only escaped capture thanks to the Spectres. She would later be succeeded as Phoenix Home by a stolen Imperial carrier, became one of the first ships to join the newly-formed Alliance to Restore the Republic and ultimately one of three cruisers to survive the disastrous Battle of Atollon.
The Liberator was a CR90 corvette that was part of the Phoenix Squadron. After an attack on the Phoenix fleet by Darth Vader, who destroyed the command ship Phoenix Home, Phoenix Commander Jun Sato transferred his command to the Liberator. To distinguish her from the other corvettes in the fleet, the Liberator was given a blue paint job that almost entirely covered her hull. At some point during the conflict, the Liberator was transporting Commander Sato and Ezra Bridger when it was pulled out of hyperspace by an Imperial Interdictor, an Imperial warship equipped with gravity well projectors. The Liberator had been investigating the disappearance of a rebel patrol in the Del Zennis system.
Following the capture of the Liberator and her crew, Phoenix Leader Hera Syndulla sent Kanan Jarrus, the former Clone Captain Rex, and Chopper to rescue the ship's crew and Ezra. The rebels succeeded in rescuing Ezra along with Commander Sato and his crew. They also succeeded in sabotaging the Imperial Interdictor's gravity well projectors; causing the ship to explode. The Liberator and her passengers then escaped into hyperspace where they rejoined the Phoenix fleet.
The Liberator and the rest of the Phoenix rebels also hid within the spaceports of Garel, an Outer Rim planet near Lothal. After the Empire discovered the rebel presence on Garel, the Liberator and the rest of the Phoenix fleet braved the Imperial blockade to escape into space, though one of her Taylander shuttle escorts was lost to enemy fire. While attempting to escape Garel, the Liberator was caught in the tractor beam of the Imperial Star Destroyer Relentless. However, Hera managed to free the Liberator by ramming the Ghost into the Star Destroyer's tractor beam projector; allowing Commander Sato and his crew along with Rex to escape into hyperspace.
The Liberator's conference room later hosted a meeting between Commander Sato, Rex, and the crew of the Ghost to discuss their options for opening a new hyperspace route into the Lothal sector. During the meeting, the rebels decided to send a diplomatic mission to seek permission from the Journeyman Protectors, a Mandalorian faction, to allow them safe passage through the Concord Dawn system. This mission was headed by Phoenix Leader Hera. However, Hera's mission was attacked above Concord Dawn by Protectors, whose leader Fenn Rau had sided with the Empire. Following the failed mission, Hera was treated by a 2-1B surgical droid in the Liberator's medical bay.
The Liberator's conference room hosted a debriefing attended by the rebels with the exception of Hera. During that meeting, the rebels decided to send a sabotage mission headed by Kanan to destroy the Protectors' Fang fighters, which were housed in a base on the Third moon of Concord Dawn. This mission succeeded in destroying the Protectors' starfighters there and capturing Rau, who agreed to allow the rebels safe passage through the Concord Dawn system in return for keeping his capture a secret from the Empire.
Not long after the Concord Dawn incident, the Phoenix fleet acquired a Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier from Ryloth which became the new Phoenix Home, though the Liberator continued to faithfully serve the fleet. It, along with the carrier and the trio of Hammerhead corvettes, participated in a short battle with Admiral Kassius Konstantine's fleet in space but successfully escaped to the desert planet Atollon after Chopper provided coordinates.
The Liberator took part in a skirmish above the planet Mykapo. After the Ghost crew returned to the system to help rescue Mart Mattin, Commander Sato arrived late battle with the Liberator and a pair of A-wings. The CR-90 destroyed the opposing forces. After the skirmish, the Liberator came face to face with Grand Admiral Thrawn, but quickly made it's escape into hyperspace.
The Liberator was part of the fleet that was stationed at Atollon during the Battle of Atollon. After suffering severe casualties, the rebels managed to flee in defeat. The Liberator was the sole surviving CR90 corvette from the engagement and, along with the Hammerhead corvettes P1 and P3, the only rebel cruisers to escape.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Always Two There Are"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wings of the Master"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike" (First identified as Phoenix Home)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy" (First identified as Liberator)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Princess on Lothal"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- "The Gangsters of Galzez"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 20
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- "The Line of Duty"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Holocrons of Fate"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Alderaan Cruiser. Star Wars Rebels (November 27, 2014). Retrieved on December 12, 2014. (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"