It was capable of hyperspace travel, though it was slow by modern standards. The vessel was decommissioned shortly before the end of the Galactic Republic. In the wake of the Clone Wars, it was owned and captained by Garris Shrike, who had renamed the vessel Trader's Luck. It was on this ship that Han Solo spent his formative years, as an unwilling member of Shrike's band of space gypsies.
In 2 BBY, the Trader's Luck was bought at scrap prices by the Rebel Alliance. It was restored for use as a troop ship, and renamed the Liberator. In 0 BBY, Liberator was used to evacuate freed Ylesian slaves following the Battle of Ylesia.
- The Paradise Snare (First appearance)
- The Hutt Gambit (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn
- Tatooine Ghost (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 17 (SOL1, Han Solo)
- "Han Solo: The Early Years"—Star Wars Insider 106
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas