A lifeform scanner, also known as a life-form sensor or lifeform detection module, was a device that allowed the holder to detect living (sentient and non-sentient) beings from a distance. A large majority of bounty hunters and mercenaries used this technology to lock on to enemies and potential bounties. Lifeform scanners could also detect beings hidden by cloaking devices, stealth fields, and sound dampeners. A large manufacturer of lifeform scanners was Idellian Arrays.
They were equipped onboard Guardian-class patrol ships.
- Jedi Quest: The Master of Disguise
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars 63: The Mind Spider (First appearance)
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide (As "Life Form Detector")
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (As "life form sensor")
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (As "life form sensor")
- The Last Command Sourcebook (As "life-form sensor")
- "Cracken's Rebel Field Guide: Scanners"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- "A Buyer's Guide to Alternative Starships"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook (First identified as Lifeform scanner)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Expose Shadows)
- Fly Casual