- "How am I to know the good side from the bad?"
"You will know, when you are calm. At peace, passive."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Yoda
The light side of the Force was an aspect of the Force..The Light Side of the Force was aligned with calmness and was used for knowledge and defense.. The Jedi were a major practitioner of the light side, and were the mortal enemies of the Sith, which followed the dark side of the Force.
- "A Jedi uses The Force for Knowledge and Defense...never for attack.'"
- ―Yoda talks about The Force
The light Side of the Force was primarily used for defensive abilities as opposed to aggressive ones.. Those who used the light Side could use general Force powers such as Telekinesis and specific Light side powers such as coming back as a Force Ghost..
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens junior novelization