- "How am I to know the good side from the bad?"
"You will know, when you are calm. At peace, passive."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Yoda
The light side of the Force, also known as the Ashla, was an aspect of the Force. The Light Side of the Force was aligned with calmness and was used for knowledge and defense. The Jedi were a major practitioner of the light side, and were the mortal enemies of the Sith, which followed the dark side of the Force.
- "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense...never for attack."
- ―Yoda talks about the Force
The light Side of the Force was primarily used for defensive abilities as opposed to aggressive ones. Those who used the light Side could use general Force powers such as Telekinesis and specific Light side powers such as coming back as a Force Ghost.
The Chosen OneEdit
Promise of Lira SanEdit
- "And it is through your Force, our Ashla, that the prophecy comes. It is written and it is spoken. The promise of Lira San will follow the fate of The Three. The fool, simple and selfish, he would lead. The warrior, bold and bloodthirsty, to hunt the hope of tomorrow. The child, to destroy him! We will find our new home only if the child saves the warrior and the fool."
Following the Fall of Lasan, Lasat mystic Chava the Wise and former High Honor Guard Gron discovered a prophecy in the Lasat's ancient writing. Chava and Gron then embarked on a quest to find Lira San. Three years before the battle of Yavin, Chava and Gron were then captured by the Galactic Empire. However they were then rescued by Weequay pirate, Hondo Ohnaka's friend Ezra Bridger and the Spectres. Chava saw Hondo as "the Fool" in the prophecy. Aboard the Ghost , Chava and Gron found formor High Honor Guard captain Garazeb Orrelios, whom they as the "Child of Lasan" in the prophecy.
After a ceremony, Chava then asked Zeb to use his Bo-rifle in the ancient way with her staff. Chopper's then showed them his galactic map. Zeb's rifle then showed them a planet in Wild Space. Captain Hera Syndulla then set a course with the coordinates towards Lira San. However, as they approached the coordinates, the Ghost had to drop out of hyperspace due to a black hole. Chava saw it as part of the maze mentioned in the prophecy.
A Imperial light cruiser under ISB agent Kallus, whom Chava recognized as "the Warrior" in the prophecy, arrived to order the Spectres to surrender. They refused and entered the star cluster. Using his bo-rifle, Zeb was able to guide the Ghost through the cluster. However, the Spectres were then knocked and the hyperdrive was then activated. When the Spectres came to, they found they had arrived at Lira San. Chava and Gron then went to the planet, where discovered Lasats there. Zeb, however, chose to continue fighting with the Spectres against the Empire.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Legends of the Lasat"
- ↑ The events of this article take place after "A Princess on Lothal," which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.