- "How am I to know the good side from the bad?"
"You will know, when you are calm. At peace, passive."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Yoda
The light side of the Force, also known as the Ashla, was an aspect of the Force. The Light Side of the Force was aligned with calmness and was used for knowledge and defense. The Jedi were a major practitioner of the light side, and were the mortal enemies of the Sith, which followed the dark side of the Force.
- "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense...never for attack."
- ―Yoda talks about the Force
The light Side of the Force was primarily used for defensive abilities as opposed to aggressive ones. Those who used the light Side could use general Force powers such as Telekinesis and specific Light side powers such as coming back as a Force Ghost.
Promise of Lira SanEdit
- "And it is through your Force, our Ashla, that the prophecy comes. It is written and it is spoken. The promise of Lira San will follow the fate of The Three. The fool, simple and selfish, he would lead. The warrior, bold and bloodthirsty, to hunt the hope of tomorrow. The child, to destroy him! We will find our new home only if the child saves the warrior and the fool."
- Star Wars 26
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legends of the Lasat"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Steps Into Shadow" (First identified as Ashla)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part III (Mentioned only)