- "What’s the difference between a lightsaber and a glowrod? A lightsaber impresses girls!"
- ―Jacen Solo
Glowrods created a beam of light illuminating up to 10 meters. There were two varieties: those that produced light using chemical phosphorescents and those that used a portable power cell. The latter could be hooked up to a generator for indefinite light generation. The standard glowrod weighed roughly 1 kilogram and cost 10 credits.
A glowrod could be modified so that it flickered instead of emitting a constant light so that it would resemble the flickering of torchlight.
The Chemlight was activated by breaking the stick in half, providing two lights.
Behind the scenesEdit
Glowrods seem to be Star Wars Universe-adaptations to real-world flashlights and glow-sticks.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- "New Character Templates: A Supplement to Star Wars' Mos Eisley Galaxy Guide" - Challenge 73 (Ambiguously canonical source)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Scum and Villainy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook