- "Corvette Five locked on target. Prepare for impact."
- ―Kado Oquoné
The Lightmaker, also known by its callsign, "Corvette Five," was a Hammerhead corvette that served in the Alliance to Restore the Republic's fleet. Before it was known as the Lightmaker the ship was one of three Hammerhead corvettes that were sent by Senator Bail Organa to reinforce Commander Jun Sato's unit of the rebellion. The ship was stolen by the Spectres during a raid on the planet of Lothal. When part of Phoenix Squadron, it was one of the few ships to escape the disastrous Battle of Atollon.
Under the captaincy of Kado Oquoné, it participated in the Battle of Scarif. After being flanked by two Star Destroyers and badly damaged, the Lightmaker withdrew from the field of fire to guard the line of retreat. Admiral Raddus later ordered Oquoné to ram his corvette into the side of the disabled Star Destroyer Persecutor, causing it to crash into the Star Destroyer Intimidator and then into the Shield Gate protecting Scarif. Though the plan was successful, the corvette and all aboard were destroyed in the crash.
Commanders and crewEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Visual effects supervisor John Knoll mentioned there was much back-and-forth about whether the crew survived; cutting to shots of escape pods were deemed distracting by Gareth Edwards, so ILM merely implied they survived by not having the pods present during the collision of the disabled Star Destroyer with the Shield Gate. However, given the Death Star fires on the position where the pods would land, it's still unlikely any of the Lightmaker's crew survived.
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Princess on Lothal" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First identified as Corvette Five)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (First identified as Lightmaker)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rogue One mystery solved: Did the Hammerhead crew survive?. Entertainment Weekly (2017-01-12). Retrieved on January 12, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars Rebels – "A Princess on Lothal"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 . “@AntoWanN7 All the Hammerheads have undergone refits and modifications (Including more weapons) So, yeah.”