| Production information
| Physical and technical specifications
|Usage and history|
Lightning gloves were a rare type of glove in use during the Dark Wars, a series of conflicts fought between the remnants of the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. The gloves produced strong electrical pulses when they came in contact with another object, a property which provided the user an advantage in unarmed combat.
Lightning gloves generated powerful pulses of electricity when they made contact with an object, which was an advantage to the wearer during unarmed combat. In addition, they provided the user with considerable protection against electricity. The gloves' outsides were a light blue color, and their insides were dark brown.
Although lightning gloves were quite rare, they were in use during a series of conflicts known as the Dark Wars, which were fought between the remnants of the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic after the Jedi Civil War. In the year 3951 BBY, a pair of lightning gloves sold for around 29,600 credits.
Behind the scenesEdit
The lightning gloves first appeared in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, a video game by Obsidian Entertainment, which was released for Xbox on December 6, 2004, and for PC on February 8, 2005. In The Sith Lords, the gloves were rare and could be found at randomly determined locations throughout the game; thus they were not guaranteed to be found every time through the game. The weapons granted a very large electrical damage bonus and a small attack bonus to unarmed attacks, as well as a large reduction in damage taken from electricity.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ Goldstein, Hilary (2004-12-03). Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved on October 28, 2013.
- ↑ Butts, Steve (2005-02-08). Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved on October 28, 2013.